Quality Legal Counsel At Reasonable Rates
Ms. Riser represents public entities and public employees at both the state and federal level. Her practice areas include police liability defense, federal civil rights litigation, and employment law.
Before moving to civil practice, Ms. Riser practiced criminal defense for several years with a focus on federal white collar criminal defense.
In 2023, Ms. Riser was selected as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers.
Ms. Riser has served as a volunteer judge for the Family Violence Appellate Project since 2021. She also regularly serves as a volunteer judge for moot court and trial competitions at UC Davis School of Law.
In her spare time, Ms. Riser enjoys running with her rescue dogs and performing stand-up comedy.
- Public Entity Defense
- Civil Rights Litigation
Current Employment Position
- Associate Attorney
- California, 2018
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 2019
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 2019
- University of California, Davis School of Law, Davis, California
- J.D. - 2017
- University of California, Riverside, California
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: English
- Equal Justice Works AmeriCorps JD Fellow, May 2016
- Satre Family Summer Public Service Fellow, May 2016
Classes & Seminars
- MCLE, The Economic Espionage Act, LexVid, 2020 to 2020
- Post-Verdict Jury Interviews, NACDL, 2022
- Theft of Trade Secrets: The Economic Espionage Act, China Initiative, and Silicon Valley, NACDL, 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Sacramento County Bar Association, 2022 to Present