Kevin J. Dehoff, Partner
T (916) 564-6100 ext. 228
F (916) 564-6263
Assistant: Jandy Jorgensen – Ext. 212
Mr. Dehoff joined Angelo, Kilday & Kilduff in 2011. Prior to joining the firm, he spent several years practicing insurance litigation specializing in personal injury. Before becoming an attorney, Mr. Dehoff worked in the science industry. Specifically, he worked for scientific research laboratories, crime laboratories, and as a field scientist conducting research into disease outbreaks. His extensive background and training in forensic science and epidemiology assists him in analyzing complicated legal fact patterns on behalf of his clients.
Mr. Dehoff prides himself on his responsive and attentive contact with clients. His colleagues recognize his good litigation instincts and dedicated work ethic. Mr. Dehoff has been recognized as a Rising Star by California Super Lawyers in the area of Civil Rights. He also has been recognized by the Sacramento Magazine as a Top Lawyer in 2017, 2018 and 2019 for his work in personal injury.
Also in 2019, Mr. Dehoff graduated from the ABOTA National Trial Academy. Held annually at the National Judicial College, the Trial Academy allows practicing attorneys to hone their trial skills by competing against other attorneys from around the country.
Outside of work, Mr. Dehoff has been enjoying his new role as a father and spending time with his family. In his spare time, he can be found hiking, running or finding other ways to keep active.
- Bennett, et al. v. Union Pacific Railroad, et al. (2018) Placer County Superior Court Case No. SCV0040404 – Dismissal
- Salsberry v. Western Placer Unified School District, et al. (2017) Placer County Superior Court Case No. SCV0038780 – Demurrer
- Suit v. City of Folsom, et al. (2016) Sacramento Superior Court Case No. 24-2016-00204549 – Dismissal
- Garcia v. City of Isleton (2016) Sacramento County Superior Court Case No. 34-2016-00200786 – Dismissal
- Canulli v. City of Auburn, et al. (2016) Placer County Superior Court Case No. SCV0037612 (Contractual Indemnity)
- Sowers v. City of Roseville. (2015) Placer County Superior Court Case No. SCV0035958 – Demurrer
- Barbour vs. City of Winters. (2014) Yolo County Superior Court Case No. ED14-527 – Demurrer
- Niesen v. County of Yolo, et al. (2014) United States Eastern District of California Case No. 2:14-cv-02921-WBS-CKD (Summary Judgment)
- Catlin v. City of Isleton. (2013) Sacramento Superior Court Case No. 34-2013-00146861 – Demurrer
- O’Roy v. Thunder Cuts, Inc., et al. (2013) California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board, Ab No. AO-3340018 – Appeal
- Bellamy v. City of Isleton. (2012) Sacramento Superior Court Case No. 34-2012-00133018 – Contractual Indemnity
- Cardoza v. Tann, et al. (2011) United States Eastern District Court Case No. 1:11-cv-01386-RRB – Obtained Summary Judgement
- Perez v. City of Stockton, et al. (2010) San Joaquin Superior Court Case No. 39-2010-00242664-CU-CR-STK (Dismissal)
- Fonseca v. City of Red Bluff. (2010) Eastern District of California Case No. 2:10-cv-02685-MCE-CM – Motion to Dismiss
- Thompson, et al. v. City of Redding, et al. (2009) Eastern District Case No. 2:09-cv-01609-WBS-CMK – Motion for Summary Judgment
- White v. City of Stockton. (2005) San Joaquin Superior Court Case No. SV254167 – Motion for Judgment on the Pleadings
- All California State courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- January 2011-present
- Angelo, Kilday & Kilduff – Partner
- Presently defends public entities and employees in federal and state courts primarily in the areas of personal injury, police practices, employment litigation & environmental and toxic torts.
- Stawicki & Maples – Associate
- Managed a caseload ranging from 150-200 personal injury cases from initial client consultation to settlement or verdict. Cases included motor vehicle accidents, animal attacks, electrical injuries, medical malpractice, premises liability, wrongful death and survival actions, and public entity lawsuits. Responsibilities included negotiating settlements in personal injury cases, law and motion, written discovery and deposition practice, mediation, mandatory settlement conferences, and trial co-counsel.
- Santa Clara University School of Law, J.D. (2006)
- Dean’s List
- The George Washington University, Masters of Forensic Science (2002)
- University of California, Davis, B.S. Genetics with honors (1999)
- The Golden Key Honors Society
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Phi Sigma Honor Society
- Department of Genetics Outstanding Achievement in Genetics (1999)
- CAJPA Litigation, Insurance & Tort Liability (LITL) Program, Guest Speaker, Tort Liability and Litigation, 2018
- NCCSIF Police Risk Management Program, Guest Speaker, Police Practices, 2018
- Central Valley City Attorney Association, Guest Speaker, On-Street Parking and the ADA, 2016
- Federal Bar Association
- Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California and Nevada