Carolee G. Kilduff, Managing Partner
T (916) 564-6100 ext. 203
F (916) 564-6263
Contact: Julie Kraus – Ext. 210
Ms. Kilduff specializes in all types of employment litigation. She has represented defendants ranging from rank and file maintenance people, to mid-level management people, professors, superior court judges, board of supervisor members, and district attorneys. She was also privileged to represent the Chancellor of the CSU and other high level administrators in a sensitive case involving a controversial professor in Chico. In 2007, the presiding justice of the Third District Court of Appeal, Arthur Scotland, included her in a list of prominent female trial attorneys in Sacramento in a letter he wrote to the editor of the Daily Journal.
Ms. Kilduff works collaboratively with her clients to develop innovative litigation strategies and solutions for problems that arise in the course of employment. Her associates describe her as the epitome of professionalism and respect the insightful and thorough manner in which she approaches her cases. Ms. Kilduff’s peers in the legal field echo her praises as demonstrated by her election to the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) in 2012.
Ms. Kilduff attended the University of California Berkeley followed by McGeorge School of Law. She received her J.D and was admitted to practice in California in 1982. In addition to being the Managing Partner of Angelo, Kilday & Kilduff, Ms. Kilduff is also the proud grandmother of twelve.
- Jeffries v. City of Galt (2014) Sacramento Superior Court Case No. 34-2011-00115333 — Jury Trial (10 weeks)
- Passuello v. Sierra Community College; Bristow-Vermillion v. Sierra Community College (2012) Placer Superior Court Nos. 26583, 26592 — Trial Defense Verdict
- Winters v. County of Solano (2011) Solano Superior Court No. FCS035144 — Trial
- Lancaster v. County of Yolo (E.D. Cal. 2007) 2007 U.S. Dis. LEXIS 95415 — Summary Judgment
- Moosa v. CUS Chico (2006) Butte Superior Court Case No. 123346 — Trial
- Parsons v. City of Solano (9th Cir. 2003) 70 Fed. Appx. 467 — Summary Judgment, Affirmed on Appeal
- Boyd v. California Assembly (1997) Sacramento Superior Court — Trial
- Sullivan v. Davis (1993) Yolo Superior Court No. 69561 — Trial
- Lagos v. Modesto City Schools Dist. (9th Cir. 1988) 843 F.2d 347 — Motion to Dismiss, Affirmed on Appeal
- All California State courts
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States Supreme Court
- 3/97 – Present
- Angelo, Kilday & Kilduff – Founding Partner/Currently Managing Partner
- AV rated with extensive experience litigating discrimination, sexual harassment, wrongful termination, civil rights and personal injury suits; ongoing consultation for clients on employment matters.
- 1985 – 3/1997
- Bolling, Walter & Gawthrop – Shareholder and Associate
- Extensive experience litigating discrimination, sexual harassment, wrongful termination, civil rights and personal injury suits; ongoing consultation for clients on employment matters.
- 1983 – 1985
- Erickson Arbuthnot – Associate
- Public entity defense, tort litigation, civil rights litigation, discrimination and wrongful termination litigation in both state and federal court.
- McGeorge School of Law, J.D. (1982)
- Phi Delta Phi
- Pacific Law Journal
- Trial Advocacy Competition Team
- University of California at Berkeley, B.A. (1970)
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating “AV Preeminent”
- Martindale Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers
- ABOTA – elected for membership
- “Sexual Harassment and Discrimination” — Black Insurance Professionals Association; California Joint Powers Insurance Authority; City of Davis; Industrial Indemnity Insurance Company; Physicians Clinical Laboratories; Sacramento Police Department (P.O.S.T. certified)
- “Taking and Defending Depositions” — California Continuing Education of the Bar
- “Current Topics of Interest and Concern on Elimination of Gender Bias in the Legal Profession” — Yolo County Bar Association
- “Civil Liability for Supervisors” — Sacramento Police Department
- “Interplay of FLMA, Workers Compensation and ADA” — Continuing Education of the Bar
- California State Bar – Labor and Employment Law Section
- Sacramento County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- American Inns of Court
- Former member AAA Mediation Panel